COSH: Smoke-free Sportswear Day 2023
The World Health Organization (WHO) designates 31 May of each year as the World No Tobacco Day (WNTD). Smoke-free Publicity Progamme for WNTD is launched by Hong Kong Council on Smoking and Health (COSH) annually to urge the public to promote the smoke-free messages and encourage more smokers around the world to quit smoking.
“Smoke-free Sportswear Day 2023” on 31 May will be organized by COSH for soliciting public support by wearing sportswear and doing exercises, in order to encourage smokers to kick the habit, create a smoke-free social environment and move towards a tobacco-free Hong Kong.
We welcome all to join us in promoting the Publicity Programme from 24 May 2023 to 30 June 2023 and participate in the Smoke-free Sportswear Day on 31 May. Supporting organizations/individuals can also encourage all the employees/ members /teachers and students/stakeholders/ families to extend the Programme and disseminate smoke-free messages so as to create a smoke-free Hong Kong in joint hands. Supporting formats are included as follows (can select more than one option):
- Encourage stakeholders to wear sportswear and join Smoke-free Sportswear Day on 31 May
- Display the programme poster(s) and distribute the programme promotional collaterals, including:
- Programme posters
- Wise Mike Badge [Remarks: Small parts not suitable for children under 3 years.]
- Wise Mike Mini Towel
- Promote the Publicity Programme by emails, website or social media pages
- Promote the Publicity Programme on intranet
- Set up promotion booth/organize different forms of promotional activities
*Supporting organizations are welcomed to request for promotional collaterals. Quantity is limited and served on a first-come-first served basis.
The top five supporting organizations with the highest number of participants will be awarded the “The Most Active Participation Award”. Organizations with the most creative promotion will also be awarded “The Most Energetic Supporting Organization” and “The Most Creative Supporting Organization”. Each supporting organization will also receive a digital participation certificate as compliment.